Monday, October 11, 2010

Say What?!?

What can't I be?  The simple answer is that there is nothing you or I can't be.

But wait.  It's not that simple really, is it?

You can say that I can't be seven feet tall.  You can say that I can't be 20 again.  You can say that I'll never be a professional singer (though for those who have heard me sing, you may have a point).  You can say I can't, I won't or that something is impossible all you want but the fact of the matter is, I believe you're wrong.

Physically, I won't be a seven footer, but I can walk around like I am.  I can exude the confidence in myself that makes me seem 10 feet tall.  If it's basketball you're talking about, I can play like I'm a seven footer though I'd need one hell of a pair of lifts in my Nike's to measure out to be.

Twenty?  You're way past that, you may say.  Maybe chronologically, but I can regain that cocky, bullet-proof feeling we all have when we're that age.  I can set the world on fire and (using my best Barry White voice), "oh baby, you're the first, the last, my ever-y-thing"...like I'm 20.

The singer in me?  Well let's just say that while Justin Timberlake, or from back in the day, Frank Sinatra, have nothing to worry about, I can belt out a tune that makes me feel like I'm entertaining 20,000 people...and their actually enjoying it.

So what's the point.  The point is I am this way because I think I'm this way.  I act like it.  I live it.  I breathe it.  And you can too.  Don't ever let anybody tell you that you cannot accomplish something.  Don't ever let anybody talk down to you.  And don't ever let anybody get away with trying to make you believe you can't.

I'm here to tell you that you can.  You can achieve all of your dreams, all of your ambitions and all that you've ever imagined for yourself, you can have!  Beginning right now, beginning this very moment, all you've ever wanted is yours.  All you have to do is believe in the one person who has the power to make it all happen...YOU.

Make it a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment