Sunday, October 10, 2010

Changing Your Thoughts To Get Ahead

I came across a great quote in the book, "The 4-Hour Work Week" by Timothy Ferriss.  It is by Ralph Charrell and he says, "Do your own thinking independently.  Be the chess player, not the chess piece."

What a great thought. 

In my interpretation it says that in order for you and I to get ahead, we must be the ones controlling the game( chess player) and not the ones being moved (chess piece).  I think about that when it comes to my job, and really any job where I am performing an act based on somebody else's game and rules.  And while I am fortunate to have a job and earn a paycheck that helps me to take care of my family, I feel I am destined to do something better, something "bigger" and something that will have a greater impact on others than what I am doing now.  

I love it when people work hard to motivate others and I'm here to tell you that if you have a thought or an idea for a business, despite what others may tell you or that horrible, mean, negative voice in your head says, you can achieve all that you have in your heart and mind. 

The next step is to put it into action...and now is the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment