Friday, October 29, 2010

For Clarity, Look Down

Like everybody, I've had experiences in my life where I've had to make a decision on matters that were very close to me.  They've been personal, they've been professional and oftentimes, have involved others.  Sometimes I've made very good decisions and other times when I've made a bad decision, the answer comes to me in crystal clear form...afterwards. 

I had a boss who was fond of using the expression, "when you have to make an important decision, look at it from 30,000 feet up in the air."  In other words, remove yourself from the decision and observe how you think things will look when if you do "this".  What will happen if I do "that"? 

It helps.  By taking out the personal attachment, I feel free from any pressure and am able to see things in a clearer way.  Try it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment