Saturday, October 30, 2010

We Always Get Through

Just got back from my local Firestone.  I had to get tires, brakes and a whole host of other things done on my car & was expecting a hefty bill.  Well, I was right - to the tune of $1,400!  Oh, the pain.

This doesn't come at a particularly good time for me and my family but it reminded me of a couple of things:  1) To always be thankful for what I do have, as opposed to what I don't; and 2)  Despite how difficult things may appear to be, I've always gotten through it.

Then it got me to thinking about my life as a whole and I suspect that this will ring true for you as well.  Regardless of what difficult situation I've been faced with, I've gotten through it.  Whether a health concern, somebody else being sick, financial, I'm through it and am right here today with an opportunity to change things for the better.  I'm not saying it's always been easy, but what I am saying is God has put me (you) where we are and has a wonderful, beautiful plan for us.

It's now up to us to execute it and we've be given the tools to do so.  If you're not sure how to use those tools, ask for help.  God is always listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment