Saturday, September 11, 2010

Remember Those Lost By Honoring Others

There are so many things I can write about on this 9th anniversary of 9/11 -- the Islamic Community Center (mosque) so close to where the towers fell, the on-going war against terror, Iraq or Afghanistan.  I can also talk about how our government continues to play politics when it involves so many important decision...makes me sick!

However, in my only blog post on this day, I'd like to ask you to think about the people.  Specifically the people whose lives were taken that day and the family and friends they've left behind.  I didn't have any personal relationships with any of them, yet, I still feel so sad and occasionally am still brought to tears when I think about it. 

It's difficult to write about, bringing back the memories from that day, but the one way we can truly honor those who were lost is to work on being better people, making the world a better place and holding those closest to you tightly.   

Honor those who were lost today by doing something positive for somebody else in their memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment