Sunday, September 12, 2010

Selling Positive - There Are Signs All Around

With regard to local news, cable news channels and newspapers, I heard Dr. Wayne Dyer once say, "Stay informed, but don't be inundated."  Made a great deal of sense to me at the time because I found myself becoming a news junkie.  It was addictive, but it's also very demoralizing.

So I started on the path of staying informed but not tuning in at every top of the hour newscast in my car, not always looking for "Breaking News" and began looking into why nobody would dare inform us about anything good happening.  The number one response, by far, is that, "Good news doesn't sell".  What a depressing statement, but is it true?

I believe that not only does good news sell, but it sells very well.  Need examples?  Has anybody else started noticing the last few years how all of a sudden, there are more newspaper articles pointing to both local and national stories of good deeds and people going above and beyond?  Local television in Charlotte started doing a daily feature on good news now.  I believe it's CNN who also does a portion of their newscast centered on people making a difference.  Plus, have you checked a Barnes & Nobles or Borders bookstore lately?  There are not just shelves, but aisles dedicated to positive & motivational books. 

I know it is so easy to get brought down on what news is being reported, but if you'll look a little closer, you'll see change is happening.  Be a part of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment