Sunday, October 24, 2010

Simple and Subtle. The Way To Begin

Tick!  Tick!  Tick!  Tick!  Do you hear that?  Tick!  Tick!  Tick!  Tick!  It's not stopping!  Tick!  Tick!  Tick!  Tick!  Why does time keep moving so quickly? 

Well I've got some bad news...and some good news...then, some better news!  The bad news is that time will keep moving and if we don't shake things up, we may wind up living with some regrets.  The good news is that at any particular moment in our life, young, middle-aged or "old" (I don't like that word because it implies that people are unable to do things and I feel that is never the case), we have the abilitiy to make positive changes in our lives. 

Now for some better news.  We, collectively and individually, have the ability to create the lives we've all imagined for ourselves and as I've eluded to earlier, it is never too late.  Start your day, or at any point during the day, commit to yourself and others that this is the day that I begin making positive changes.  And then of course, take the necessary steps to make it so ("Make it so!"  One of my favorite quotes by Jean Luc Piccard from Star Trek:  Next Generation, but I digress).

It begins, I believe, with what may appear to be subtle shifts in your mindset.  If you find yourself saying, "No, I can't do that" then shift it to, "Yes, I can do that", then shift your thoughts to how great its going to feel when you actually accomplish that.  Even for one little episode like that, begin to notice how good it feels to think this way.  Then try it for any other negative thought that comes into your mind.  Suddenly, the more you do it, the more you'll realize that negative thoughts don't have a place in your mind and even if you have the stray one that sneeks in, no worries, you know how to turn it around.  Acknowledge the thought, then quickly realize that it is not going to be that way and move on.

Simple and subtle. 

You've got this!  Try it out and let me know.  If you've been doing this for a while, let our readers know how it works for you and "comment" below.

Make it a great day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment