Thursday, September 9, 2010

What a Week...Life's Good!

What can't I be?  In thinking about the week, it's amazing what a change in attitude can do for your outlook.

Since last Friday after having spoken with a friend and former co-worker, my attitude went from frustrated with the way things were going to amazingly optimistic.  We had spoken for about an hour, having exchanged horror stories about our jobs and different things that were going on in our lives.  Nothing traumatic, thank God, just...life, as it sometimes happens.  He told me about a book he was enjoying, The 4-Hour Workweek by Timothy Ferriss and told me how I should look to pick it up.

Long story short, I did pick up the book, but just began reading it the other day (it's fantastic so far).  I also picked up KaChing by Joel Comm, read that in about 5 hours and a switch went off.  He is not a motivational speaker or positive-type guru, just a guy who has made it incredibly big with online businesses. 

My mind has since been going 100-mph with ideas, not just tied into the web, but ideas on how I can improve my life and the lives of others.  It's a really cool and an empowering feeling.  

What's the point?  The point is that if you can find that thing/things that inspire you, cling to it, hold onto it and feel confident in who you are and what you can accomplish.  All of this will help you understand, "What Can't I Be?"

Thanks for the conversation Matt!

No comments:

Post a Comment