Thursday, September 16, 2010

Having To Work For a Living

Realize that I write this to you having gotten up for work at 3:20am with a planned day that will not get me home until after 6:00pm.  I've come to a conclusion - this whole working thing - it's not a lot of fun.

I have taken recently to calling it just out-and-out "stupid".  Let's say you get up at 6:00am on a normal day and go to be at 11:00 that night.  You are awake for 17 hours of which you spend, conservatively, 8 hours working, maybe have an hour's commute total, spend an hour getting ready in the morning, alright, you do get an hour for lunch (but you're still there), have a work phone and/or computer at the house that has you putting in at least another hour in your own home.  Easily, we are talking 12 of our 17 hours awake time having work as our focus.  Dumb!

There has got to be a better way and I'm telling you now, that I am going to find it.  I'd love to explain to you what it is and have everybody reading this reap the benefits. I can't though, not yet anyway.  When I do find it - and I will - I will shout it out to the world because life is too short to spend it worrying...about our job, about having the necessary finances, about getting "ahead". 

After all, when a baby is born, you don't hear an announcement that we have a new "work" in the world.  But rather, we have a new "life".  Isn't it time we started living it?  Remember, there is nothing you can't be!

No comments:

Post a Comment