Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Greatest Discovery

"The greatest discovery you'll ever make, is the potential of your own mind."  That is a quote from parapsychologist and author of the Silva Method, Jose Silva, and I'd like to speak to you about what it means to me.

It tells me all I need to know about how I create what happens in my life.  It's the recognition of the power I possess, the power you possess and the untapped vastness to what we can do with our lives.  It is the knowledge and understanding of how I think now, in this moment.  My thoughts will become my reality...maybe not right away, but at some point.  I've come to realize that when I believe certain things between my ears, those things comes to fruition.

The trick is to believe.  Not just a random thought saying, "I'm going to win the lottery (ha-ha)", but a belief down to your core about who you are and what you'll do and accomplish.  It can work in a negative way as well as a positive, so we have to be careful to control what we focus on in our minds.  Have a random bad thought?  No worries, acknowledge it, and shift back to the positive.  The trick is to catch it before it catches you.

What can't you be?  You know the answer, now focus on what you want to accomplish and live the life of your dreams. 

No comments:

Post a Comment