Thursday, September 23, 2010

Being True To Yourself

It's always easiest to go with the crowd.  It makes your life a simpler process to go along with the majority, to be a part of a large group and steer clear of any controversy, right?

I say the answer to that question is undoubtedly, "Yes".  The real question though, is why people choose to do that when inside their hearts and minds, they are feeling differently.  I still struggle with it sometimes.  There are times when I just don't want to be bothered and will keep quiet.  Later on though, I realize that was a mistake.  I mean let's face it, I'm not the smartest guy in the world but my thoughts, my opinions and my feelings should be treated with the same amount of respect even if it is in the minority.  Just because the majority says one thing and the minority says another, doesn't mean the minority is wrong, does it? 

I am trying to live my life without regrets (a VERY tough task) and part of not having regrets is being true to who I am.  Though we all go through bouts where our confidence gets shaken, don't we owe it to the person we aspire to become the chance to be heard?  To be seen?  To be recognized? 

No comments:

Post a Comment